Advisory services for studentsAdvice on personal & study-related issues
Studying can pose challenges for everyone. How can I achieve a balance between studying, working and family commitments? How should I approach problems in the company? How can I reduce the pressure for third attempts and master the situation successfully? Students can also encounter personal problems that are unrelated to work or studies on a day-to-day basis. We provide an advisory service for you that deals with all of these matters. The service focuses on tailored support and advice with respect to personal and study-related issues. Further Information you will find on this leaflet. Any discussions are of course treated confidentially, and aim to help you make decisions more easily.
Communication, conflict management, creativity
Focus of training:
- Communication & rhetoric
- Presentation & facilitation techniques
- Finding ideas & creativity techniques
- Storylining & writing texts professionally
- Conflict management
Special qualifications & training:
- Studied business administration (Betriebswirtschaftslehre) with psychology (Dipl.-Kauffrau)
- Trained as a management assistant in advertising
- Communication advisor and trainer at Roland Berger & Partner
- Several years of experience as an executive in the area of further training
- Established and developed the field of soft skills at Management Circle AG
Send email: Jessika Gerdau
Management, conflict management, self-empowerment, development of professional prospects
My motto: “Only someone who feels understood is willing to allow himself to be understood and guided.” (Emil Oesch)
Based on that motto, I am happy to assist you in working through your issue in a professional, enthusiastic and respectful way. You can benefit from my many years of experience in assisting students on dual study programmes in companies and coaching numerous executives and employees.
More information? KR
Send email: Kerstin Ratzeburg
Career Coaching, Communication, Conflict Management, Self-Management
My offer for students:
- Motive analysis: Knowing your own mindset
- Developing an individual competence profile
- Improve communication: Resolve conflicts, be strong in negotiations, acquire leadership skills.
- Reviewing time and self-management, self-regulation for stage fright and exam anxiety
- Networking techniques, social media profile
- Decision-making - head or gut?
- Project management agile or classic?
Qualification & Education:
- Interdisciplinary doctorate in psychology and pedagogy
- Commercial training in tax and business consultancy
- Master Coaching Training and Profile Dynamics Consultant
- Interview expert in personnel selection
- Burnout consultant
Important professional stations
- Personnel selection in cooperations (Beiersdorf, Lufthansa Technik AG, etc.)
- Head of the training department at EssoAG
- Project manager in business and science
- Coach in the project Excellence in Teaching at HAW-Hamburg
- Coach in the project ProExzellenzia, Women in Leadership Positions
Send email: stefanie(at)schoenbach-hamburg.de
Concentration and learning difficulties, procrastination, fears, specifically fear of exams and failure, difficulties adjusting, dealing with conflict
My focus of advice:
- Concentration and learning difficulties
- Fears, specifically fear of exams and failure
- Difficulties adjusting (transition from school to university and company, moving away from home)
- Dealing with conflict (inner conflict, conflict with others, conflicting objectives)
A few words about my background:
- Studied psychology in Hamburg, Los Angeles and Santa Barbara, USA, Qualification: M.A.
- Year-long internship in the counselling centre of a US university
- More than 20 years of experience in training/HR at a large firm
- Lecturer at HSBA, Hamburg University of Applied Sciences (HAW), ottogroup (mainly in English)
Coaching can also be provided in English.
Send email: Rita Schünemann
Communication, conflict management, time management
“Think differently” – Sometimes it just takes a little push to get things started – you just have to do it!
I get the greatest satisfaction possible from my work when people grow beyond their limitations, reinvent themselves and master personal development goals with my support.
Like my clients, coachees and seminar participants, I consider it important not to become complacent, to be challenged and to always remain curious and flexible. That is the only way that I can fulfil the demands made on me as a trainer, advisor and coach.
In addition, I truly love to network – both in my personal and professional life.
Organising things, bringing people together and encouraging an active exchange as well as commitment – those are all things that are important to me.
For me, laughter and humour are the spice of life. To relax, I meet with friends, play with my children and enjoy good conversations. Self irony and a certain black sense of humour help me to overcome obstacles, thus often allowing me to take positive things from a negative situation.
I am an absolute pragmatist.
In my view, every theory must be applicable in practice to work and personal life.
Professional Development and Experience
- Qualified psychologist (Diplom Psychologin) since 1999
- Freelance trainer, facilitator, mediator and coach since 2002
- 2002-2003 Design and management of the assessment centre team:
- strengths profile AC with individual coaching, Dekra Akademie Hamburg
- 1999-2002 Employed as the Head of Personal & Personnel Development at Palmers Deutschland AG, Munich
- 1995-1999 Alongside studying: worked as a trainer at Palmers Deutschland AG
- 1994-1995 Tormin business consultancy firm
- 1992-1995 Lufthansa AG, management and training of the student check-in team
Send email: Monika Spehr
Career development, personal conflicts, stress & fear of exams
This is what I can offer:
Extensive business experience, e.g. as an IT consultant, project manager, and an in-depth knowledge of human behaviour provide a valuable background for my resource-based work as a process enabler, trainer and coach.The basic qualification for this career path was a degree in technical IT (Technische Informatik). When I trained as a change manager in 2003, I took a new direction and have continued on this path ever since thanks to ongoing specialist training. I also get the vitality and creativity for my work from regular improvisation theatre.
My current areas of focus are:
- Coaching for executives, employees and freelancers
- Developing a vision and accompanying the process in the active phases of further development in companies from all industries
- Training in the field of self-organisation, communication and presentation
Send email: Katja Witthöft
Coaching, mentoring, potential analysis
Here is a brief introduction:
Silke Wöhrmann, Dipl.-Kfm., employee development specialist, trainer and advisor in profit and non-profit organisations; focus on executive development, business coaching, advising organisations in relation to personnel development and organisational development processes; lecturer for social skills, advertising and business psychology, and management at Hamburg School of Business Administration as well as at the School of Business, Economics and Social Sciences at Universität Hamburg. Founder and managing shareholder of APT Marketing für Bildung, including the ‘Education Nights’.
Anyone who agrees to be coached accepts a little ‘management support’ in a certain situation in order to resolve that situation. A coach uses his or her professional knowledge to put him or herself in the position of the coachee, examining the specific personal question and supporting the coachee in developing new paths and deriving measures that promote development.
At university, such situations include for example thinking about a change of study programme, exam pressure, thinking of abandoning the study programme, questions about one’s own objectives, combining family with work and studying, etc. There are lots of issues that concern us in this stage of our lives.
The coach is the “person at your side for a certain period” with corresponding qualifications, natural empathy and an absolutely non-judgemental approach.
It is always helpful to choose a coach that has already gone through the experience of studying, is familiar with the university environment and has helped lots of people in companies and at university. As coaches at HSBA, we have this specialist knowledge and pass it on to our coachees in an absolutely confidential manner such that very individual questions or issues can be resolved.
I also train coaches and for the past 25 years have been helping everyone from pupils to experienced entrepreneurs in achieving their goals. As a lecturer, I am familiar with the university environment. As a businessperson, I also know about business life. Of course I also attended university (and have not forgotten what it was like). I would be happy to discuss what exactly to expect from coaching at an initial introductory meeting. We can then see whether we work well together and how we would like to work together.
If you want to read more about my style of coaching, take a look here:
Send email: Silke Wöhrmann
„In addition to the services of the above-mentioned coaches, you are also welcome to use the counselling services of the Hamburger Studierendenwerk.
The BeSI (Counselling Centre for Social & International Affairs) and the BeSt (Counselling Centre for Study Financing) are available to answer your questions about social, financial and international matters. Please contact both counselling centres directly to make an appointment.