Research Associate (m/w/d)
Founded in 1969, Korn Ferry International is the executive search industry’s leader and innovator, and has evolved as the world’s premier provider of executive talent management solutions. Today, Korn Ferry has conducted more successful executive searches globally than any other recruiting firm in history.
Understanding that the business community is now facing many more challenges in attracting, retaining and developing leaders, Korn Ferry’s range of services include executive recruitment, corporate governance consulting, outsourced recruiting, management assessment, and executive coaching and development.
Working closely with engagement teams, the primary roles of the Research Associate are to:
- Provide engagement execution support to the client and the team.
- Project manage some stages of the search process so as to always ensure the highest quality execution of client engagement.
- Execute the identification and initial qualification of potential candidates under the guidance of consultants or Managing Associates.
- Capture and maintain accurate market, client and candidate information on the company’s knowledge systems so as to both facilitate the search process and help convert business development opportunities.
- Inform the engagement team of any potential business development opportunities identified through the execution of the search process and support the appropriate consultant in its conversion.
- Develop expertise in the business sector covered by the practice.
- Plan thoroughly the research to be done for the assignment.
- Participate in client briefings and to present personally the research to date, as possible and needed.
- Keep the relevant Partner(s)/ Managing Consultants regularly informed as to assignment status.
- Liaise with colleagues elsewhere within KF where appropriate to achieve satisfactory completion of process.
- Source by developing primary industry contacts: by soliciting expert opinions and by gathering and keeping abreast of market intelligence.
- Initiate changes in assignment strategy when required to achieve the objective of a timely shortlist presentation.
- Contribute actively to the practice knowledge system as well as to practice and research meetings.
- Assist with requests for information both from other K/F offices and to support business development by the fee-earner.
Your Perspective working with us
The Research Associate position at Korn Ferry is viewed as a critical support position. Successful Senior Associates have the opportunity to advance within the firm to the consultant level where they will be responsible for generating business. There is also potential for non-business development professionals to advance into a Managing Associate position. Research Associates will develop skills and competencies through Successful accomplishments in their role followed by appointment to Senior Associate.
A Research Associate has exposure to various parts of the search process, principally focusing on:
- Research: Participate in the creation of the source list/research strategy.
- Candidate Development: Mapping the market; calling appropriate candidates; relevant market sourcing; preparing reports.
- Data Capture: Collecting and entering appropriate information for the database; ensuring highest quality standards.
- Report Preparation: Assisting Consultant in creation of client facing documentation (candidate appraisals, reference reports, search progress reports).
- Client Participation: Involvement in project kick off meetings as well as project update/progress calls.
- Market/Centers of Expertise Participation: Participate in the dedicated core sector.
- International: Work across other offices and for multiple partners.
- The successful candidate will have some professional experience and ideally, will have had exposure to one or more of the industries/functions that the firm focuses on.
- In addition to having excellent communication skills, the candidate must possess the ability to make presentations to the team and occasionally to the clients. He/She will be articulate and persuasive, and able to communicate complex matters in a straightforward manner. The position requires native German and C1-level English language skills.
- The ability to manage multiple projects effectively is most important. The ideal candidate must be self-confident and self-motivated, dynamic, accomplished, and viewed as an individual who can advance within Korn Ferry.
- Successful candidates will be highly motivated, have good judgment and possess superior interpersonal and evaluative skills. He/She will take direction well, be detail oriented and able to work well under deadline. The Research Associate will be as comfortable working independently as they are part of a team.
Please send your application by e-mail to Martin Penk, Managing Consultant: martin.penk(at)kornferry.com.