Outgoings Bachelor Free Mover

Spend some time abroad as free mover

You would like to study at a university which is not an HSBA partner? Basically, you can apply as a free mover at the university of your choice, provided that you meet the admission requirements.

Please note:

  • Most universities raise tuition fees, some of them being very high (such as in the U.S.).
  • All additional costs are to be borne by the student.
  • Application, proof of language proficiency, travel costs, accommodation etc. need to be organised independently by the student.

Please consult our website on organisational aspects before searching for a suitable university. HSBA will be happy to support you in your application process and during your stay abroad.

How to apply as free mover

Applications are made directly to the host university. At HSBA, you therefore only have to submit the completed "Studienaufenthalt im Ausland" (study-abroad) application form which you will find in Teams-Channel International Office. It is best to submit the application together with the application form "Antrag auf Anrechnung von im Ausland erbrachten Leistungen" (Recognition of study courses taken abroad) for recognition of grades obtained abroad. We recommend that you submit these applications approximately six months before the stay abroad commences. Please also be aware of all under "Organisation" listed steps.

Questions?Anna Beek HSBA
Anna Beek HSBA

Anna Beek

Operational Director Research & International Office
+49 40 822160-956

Contact Box: Callback

All times are specified in CET

Contact Box: Message