The coronavirus is spreading dynamically worldwide and the situation must be taken very seriously. The HSBA has taken various measures to protect students and all employees and to reduce the risk of infection. At the same time, we are making every effort to ensure that our students can complete their studies within the standard period of study despite this crisis situation and that the impact on our partnercompanies is kept to a minimum.
These measures include
- The university is closed until further notice. All employees work flexibly in the home office, are easily accessible by telephone or e-mail and are fully capable of working.
- Presence operations have been suspended since 14 March 2020. Attendance events and exams are therefore cancelled for this period. Deadlines for the submission of written examinations are handled flexibly and are sometimes extended.
- All courses are currently being converted to digital formats as far as possible: in the Master's programmes this is already being practised with positive results. Thus we hope to be able to hold all lectures of the next Bachelor's study phase online from 14.04.2020 until the quarantine measures are lifted.
- For potential prospective students we offer our info sessions, sample lectures and counselling sessions online via webinar or video call.
- The registration for the topics of the final theses (of this year's final year class) and the submission of the papers will be simplified and carried out online. The Examination Committee will draw up appropriate rules for this, which are appropriate to the situation.
- In order to make literature research much easier and to ensure direct access to sources, for example, our students have been given extensive online access to a library of economics and business studies, which enables them to work smoothly and academically from home.
- A crisis team meets regularly to keep an eye on all questions, topics and problems and to be able to act dynamically.
- All planned and upcoming trips/excursions of the next two months have been cancelled and will be postponed or alternatively carried out.
For further questions the whole team is available by phone or e-mail. General information about the coronavirus can be found on the website of the authority for health and consumer protection (BGV): www.hamburg.de/coronavirus
If you have specific questions about the virus, please contact the medical on-call service (116 117) or call the Hamburg hotline (040 428284000 - around the clock).