More than 200 guests from science, economy and politics will attend the ceremonial farewell of the incumbent founding president Prof. Dr. Hans-Jörg Schmidt-Trenz and the handover to Prof. Dr. Insa Sjurts which takes place in the auditorium at the SQUARE HSBA Innovation Hub.
Prof. Dr. Sjurts, acting President of Zeppelin University has been elected new President of HSBA. She has been appointed by the Board of Governors by the University Council meeting on August 2019 with effect as of January 2020. The finding commission, headed by former Science Senator Dr. Jörg Dräger, had unanimously spoken out in favour of Prof. Dr. Insa Sjurts. She succeeds Prof. Dr. Hans-Jörg Schmidt-Trenz, HSBA’s acting president since 2004 and initiator of the private university. Already last year he declared that he intended to resign from academic management of the university at the turn of the year 2019/20.
- Welcome, Dr. Hariolf Wenzler, Chairman of the Board of Governors at HSBA
- Welcome of the Senate Chancellery, Dr. Eva Gümbel, State Councillor of the Authority for Science, Research and Equality
- Celebratory Speech, Prof. Dr. Michael Otto, Chairman of the Supervisory Board of the Otto Group
- Address and handover of office, Prof. Dr. Hans-Jörg Schmidt-Trenz, Prof. Dr. Insa Sjurts
- Inaugural speech address, Prof. Dr. Insa Sjurts
Note to editors:
Media representatives are cordially invited to attend the ceremony. Please register via email at Lilian.Mrusek@hsba.de or by phone on +49 (0) 40 36138-9683.