With only 5 weeks left the finish line is almost in sight. But, don’t be misled. The Sulphur cap is just the beginning of many more emission restrictions, all aiming to avoid further climate change.
“The IMO Sulphur cap” is the popular name of the new Annex VI of the MARPOL Convention. From the 1st of January 2020 ships are allowed to burn fuels with Sulphur content of 0.50% m/m only, except if “equivalent” compliance mechanisms are installed such as scrubbers.
In order to comply, Shipowners and operators need to take precautionary measures and plan the transition as thoroughly as possible.
As a leading global P&I and specialty insurer, MS Amlin Marine dedicates much effort to inform its clients about impacts, risks, latest updates and provides recommendations for compliance.
We herewith kindly invite you to the HSBA maritime panel discussion with the support of MS Amlin Marine, Clyde & Co. Hamburg and Shipping Professional Network Hamburg e.V. on the topic.
IMO Sulphur Cap 2020, latest industry update
Wednesday, 11th December 2019, 17:00 – 19:00 pm
Audimax, SQUARE Innovation Campus
Adolphsplatz 6, 20457 Hamburg, Germany
Mr. Ardohain, Jr. Professional Officer, Subdivision for Protective Measures, Marine Environment Division, International Maritime Organization (IMO)
- Mr. Capt. Wolfram Guntermann, Director Environmental Fleet Management, Hapag-Lloyd Hamburg
- Mrs. Dr. Katarina Solf, Associate, Clyde & Co Hamburg
- Mrs. Sonja van Wijk, Senior Client Advisor, MS Amlin Marine, Rotterdam/London
- Mr. Joerg Kaufmann, Head of Shipping Department, Federal Maritime and Hydrographic Agency
- Prof. Dr. Max Johns (HSBA) and Falco Bielefeld (MS Amlin Marine Germany) will moderate the discussion.
After the panel discussion guests have the opportunity to discuss and ask further questions during a small get-together.
Admission to the event is free, but you are kindly requested to register for the event via email or our registration form.
If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to contact us. Of course you may forward this invitation to colleagues and friends.