The MBA Shipping programme is open to applicants with an academic background. Applicants with relevant professional experience (e.g. Schifffahrtskaufmann) lacking a university degree are admitted under certain conditions.
The admission requirements for the MBA Shipping are the following:
- Two years of management experience.
- Ability to complete a course of studies in English (minimum level: B2 of the European Framework of Reference).
- Academic requirements:
- A completed third-level degree covering 240 ECTS credits and with the minimum grade “good”.
- a degree covering 210 (180) ECTS credits with the minimum grade “good” supplemented by one (two) additional year(s) of professional experience or third-level training.
- passing the entrance exam: Applicants without a completed third-level degree but with at least 6 years of relevant professional experience (e.g. Schifffahrtskaufmann) are admitted under certain conditions and can be accepted onto the entrance exam. The entrance exam comprises a written paper, a 30-minute oral exam and a two-hour written exam. The written paper deals with a management topic. The paper must be 10 to 15 pages long and has to be submitted within four weeks. The entrance exam takes place after the Admission Day.
For further information on our Admission Day, the entrance exam as well as the admission requirements in general, please visit the FAQ´s.
The process ensures that students have the personal, social and professional prerequisites needed to complete the study programme successfully.
Applications can be submitted at any time. Because HSBA only awards a limited number of master’s study places each year, we recommend that applications are submitted as early as possible.