14 December 2015
Family Seal of Approval
At the end of 2015, HSBA was awarded the Hamburg Family Seal from the Hamburg Alliance of Families. The award recognises small and medium sized companies that provide special support for their employees to pursue career opportunities while balancing their challenges of raising a family.
HSBA director Dr. Uve Samuels is delighted: "The awarding of the Hamburg Family Seal is wonderful feedback for our University, recognising the work we do to provide a family friendly workplace and working conditions."
The award recognises the following measures:
- Creation of numerous positions with flexible working arrangements
- Encouragement of family friendly meeting culture
- Creation of career paths for women in management positions that reconcile the challenges of family and working life
- Creation of a play corner for employee's children to play in when they are brought to work with the employee
- Organisation of childcare for emergencies using emergeny care nannies
The Hamburg Family Seal award to HSBA is also positive recognition for Friederike Littmann andAnnegret Morgenstern, who are charged with creating workplace equality and family friendly working conditions. Friederike Littmann reported "We are delighted about this award from the Hamburg Family Seal. We have decided to undertake additional measures for the year to come to help not only our colleagues but also out students to profit from HSBA as a family friendly employer and university."