26 July 2016, 6 pm
Sustainability Lounge: New CSR Directive
We herewith kindly invite you to the HSBA event with the support of the KPMG AG Wirtschaftsprüfungsgesellschaft on the topic
“New European CSR reporting directive – transparency or cost driver. What do companies need to prepare for?“ (in German)
on Tuesday, 26 July 2016, 6 – 8 pm
at the Chamber of Commerce InnovationsCampus, Adolphsplatz 6, 20457 Hamburg.
- Carmen Auer, Manager, Governance & Assurance, KPMG AG Wirtschaftsprüfungsgesellschaft
- Kirsten Kück, Sustainability Manager, Aurubis AG
- Prof. Dr. Dirk Matten, Hewlett-Packard Chair in Corporate Social Responsibility, Schulich School of Business, York University, Toronto, Canada
- Dr. Karsten Schröder, Deputy Managing Director, Econsense
- Prof. Dr. Sarah Jastram, Dr. Jürgen Meyer Chair of International Business Ethics & Sustainability, HSBA
With the new ‘European CSR Directive’ on the disclosure of non-financial and diversity information, the EU has created a new regulatory instrument to incentivize Corporate Social Responsibility. The directive has to be implemented into German law by 6 December 2016 and means a new, formal reporting obligation for corporations in the area of CSR.
This new regulation could stimulate competition in the area of CSR. But it could also mean a cost-intensive challenge as reporting requires existing strategies and management approaches to CSR and not all companies have yet been positioning themselves strategically in the area of CSR.
What does this new directive mean for companies, which companies are affected and how can companies prepare for this change for the upcoming year?
After the panel discussion guests have the opportunity to discuss and ask further questions during a small get-together.
Information for Bachelor students: As this event is part of the electives (General Studies), you will receive 0.08 credits towards your degree.
We thank the Dr. Jürgen Meyer Stiftung for their support for this event.
Please sign up for this event via our registration form below.
Please be aware that pictures taken at this event may be used for HSBA publications.