The research focus of the Media and IT department is on current business-related topics and strategic challenges of modern media companies. This includes discussing the developments in the field of social media, mobile, cross-media and trans-media publishing, Public Relations in the digital era and current strategic challenges in the media sector.
The members of the department are regularly involved in international research surveys and act as authors or reviewers in professional journals and other publications. Following many years of cooperation, a broad number of companies and practitioneers from the media industry are regularly involved in tuition and research projects.
Current academic publications of members of the department include the following topics:
- The creative-destructive power of the Internet
- Development of Online business models
- Broadcasters´ Internet Engagement: From Being Present to Becoming Successful
- Elements of the information-based society - aims and initiatives of European politics
- Strategies of transition: Newspapers on their way into the Internet
- The individual in the world of the Internet
- Economics of Convergence
- Online-Targeting und Controlling (in cooperation with members of other HSBA departments)
- Broadcast on the Internet: New business and monetasation models